Monday, February 28, 2011

Irritated and Delighted

Two feelings I have felt this day. Irritated in the morning and delighted in the afternoon.

I have a 5am-1pm shift today, and unexpectedly I arrived in the hospital too early, imagine I’m already in the OR around 4:30 in the morning and that is too early.

Anyways, when I saw the staffing of the day, the night shift didn’t know that I’m the 5-1 shift. I accepted it even though deep inside I’m planning to tell the 6-2 HNOD kasi sayang naman ang effort ko na pumasok ng maaga kung 6-2 rin pala bagsak ko.

But eventually, the senior night accepted the fact na ako na nga ang 5-1 so binago na nya yung staffing and lo and behold nagulat talaga ako because instead of having a fair distribution of workload, it looks like he didn’t even considered the conditions of the schedule of the staffs. It’s a known rule, if you’re from a double off, you’ll get the heaviest case of the day, and those who have 2-10shift the day before will have the least workload and so on. But the senior night didn’t even consider it. He didn’t even consider that I’m in the 5-1 shift, so dapat by 1 pm tapos na ang case go para hindi ako ma-overtime. But he still gave me a 10am case, the worse is long standing case yun and we don’t know if it will end by 1 or not.

Irritated as I may be, I accepted the fact that I cannot do anything about the situation I was in. I guess that is always a problem in our area, having an unfair distribution of workload, seniority issues and so on.

Anyways, Sir Ghe asked me to accompany him once again in NSO to get some documents, birth certificate to be exact. At first I thought it was for his daughter again but it turns out it was his and his wife’s.

I’m so broke this week and I was glad Sir Ghe was there once again to help me in my financial problem. As a payment to me going with him in NSO, he paid for my bus fares.

And for the first time, I heard Sir Ghe’s sincere thank you to me, straight from his mouth. Well what I did wasn’t even worth mentioning but I guess it’s really a big deal in Sir Ghe’s part. It’s just sad na because of just small things, nag-aaway sila ng misis nya. But it ends well naman and I guess sanay na si Sir Ghe sa mga ganung situation na na-blablame sya for everything, I just hope and pray it won’t affect their marriage and their child.

Anyways, because Sir Ghe had already moved in to their new house here in Fairview, sabay na kaming umuwi. And surprisingly, mukhang hindi talaga nilulubayan ng computer shop itong kaibigan ko, imagine kahit sa mukhang uncivilized na lugar nila, may isang computer shop paring nakatayo. But that was a good thing because at least we can still play after work at malapit lang siya sa bahay nila. Hopefully I won’t get the grudge of his wife…again.

I really enjoyed accompanying my friend especially in long trips because only during these times that I can share my thoughts to him. I can pour out all my problems to him and listen to his advice and thoughts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...