Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Late and Lacking

I'm late at work today. Supposedly I'm in the 9a-5p shift but because I'm not used to this kind of shift, I wasn't able to anticipate when is the best time to leave the house. And so there are few obstacles I have to face before getting to work like difficulty of getting a ride (office workers are already out in the street waiting for a ride too, so there are more competitions compared to an early hour) and being stuck in traffic (yes! it's always the reason why I hate being adjusted)

Anyways, good thing the morning HNOD is nice to allow me to get the 10a-6p shift instead for me not to have any late in my record.

We have a benign shift and fortunately the one case where I was assigned was not a long standing case as we thought first. It is really lucky one because we all thought that our OR which is parotidectomy will last God knows when but good thing is the operation lasted for 2 hours only.

Anyways, it is not the case that make my day stressful but rather the fact that my student nurse (who washed my instruments) forgot to mention to me that she accidentally dropped one skin hook in the sink. I was really rattled when I learned that I'm missing one skin hook so the best way to solve is to dismantle the sink and see if it is there or not. Good thing the GS staffs are there to help me to find the missing instrument. :)

Skin hook retractor, sa sobrang liit posibleng mahulog sa sink :(

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...